Sunday, February 7, 2010

More Creations with Graphite and Charcoal

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa


Here are some more drawings and you can see how I am working to create portraits of these individuals. "Fanny Belle" the lady with the red and white background is my grandmother. She now resides in heaven. I used the red and white background to give the work a POP ART feel. For the second creation using her, I used a photo that was taken when she was in her early teens as the background. The other Lady is known to everyone as Aunt Ann. She an interesting character, she is in her 80's and has never married and has never owned or driven a car. The background I used on her drawing is a photo of her when she was 12. I placed the drawings of "Fanny Belle" and the one of "Aunt Ann" in shadow boxes which gives them special attention. The portrait of the one male figure is "Don Weatherford". He is my x-father-in-law, who passed away in 2002. I did the drawing and gave it to my x-wife and other members of her family as a gift.
If you would like for me to work on a special creation for you, simply email me some photos and allow me to create a work of art using your photo. For a limited time I am charging only $150.00 for a special one of a kind creation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rick, I LOVE the "pop art" backdrops to your incredible charcoal sketches. Both the red and white checked(love) & the younger version of them. Nice work!! Love that layered feel it gives them.

Incredible sketching~ wow!

thanks for inspiring!

MK

Still Waters Studio said...

The pop art backgrounds are really cool! It really gives a lot more of a story to a portrait.
Keep up the good work.