Sunday, February 28, 2010

Two Soldiers

 
For the past few days, in addition to working on landscapes, and graphite drawings, I have been working on some political statements. I have an new friend that made the comment that I should consider writing and I agree. I have always wanted to be a writer and in a way I guess I am. Paintings like this one and the one before I consider to be two visual essays.
This painting is about contrast. The contrast of the black and the white and the contrast between two soldiers and their military uniforms. The soldier on the left is Gandhi, the soldier on the right is the American modern day soldier. The implied contrast is the opposing views of each. Those of you that know me know where I stand on these opposing views.

Title: Two Soldiers
Medium: Acrylic on Canvas
Size: 16" x 20" unframed
Price: $250.00 plus shipping
Posted by Picasa

No comments: