Friday, January 22, 2010

Declarations for 2010

2010! A brand new year and as always I take seriously the process of beginning with certain declarations of things I will or will not do in the coming months. I call it "The Ricko Manifesto for 2010".

This year I am doing the process in a different way; #1) I am going public! A major part of this years plan is to share it with anyone and everyone that wants to listen or read and #2 I will keep a year long diary of my progress or lack there of with my new decrees.

However, before I start with 2010, I will do a capsule review of happenings in my life in 2009. Here is the short list:

Blake got married; Blake got Pregnant; Nick her husband, my witty son-in-law, got his orders to serve the military industrial complex in the land of Iraq; Mom turned 81; Dad turned 83; I turned 62; Meghan finished with the bulk of her classroom work at dental hygiene school. Went to visit Shane in Denver; Spent two weeks at Folly Beach; Met some beautiful young women I lovingly refer to as the wine sluts; learned to make apple moonshine; Justice came home from serving the military industrial complex for a third time in Iraq; Jason and Jamie purchased a camp for their duck hunting and crappy fishing adventures; Blake and I went on our second annual father and daughter trek to a UT football game. Brent and Jessica got a new bundle of love,(little Miss Savannah Jane); Mark got his second new knee; Began a new friendship and business venture with Jason and Arpyl; Blake started her college education; Sara and Beckie had a horrific auto accident; and last but certainly not least, Beckie and I decided to call it quits on the marriage thing.

No comments: