Monday, January 25, 2010

Rick's Personal Laws for 2010


The main decision I am using as my guide line for what I will do and be in 2010 is the decision to accept myself for the "Modern Day Bohemian" that I am. This means that I will no longer struggle to fit into the man made systems that surround me. I have tried all my life to fit in only to have it work for short periods of time, then I am chewed up and spit out. In the past I have lost sleep about this inability to fit in, but no longer. Beginning NOW I will no longer worry about following the rules, customs and written laws the systems of the world have set for me. I will I be guided by my personal morality, principles of good taste and feelings. (The painting attached is one I did to show myself as a young child and also as an adult, standing outside the crowd.)

My Governing Laws!
There is really only one...I resolve to be an example of PEACE and FREEDOM to those around me.

I will do this in the following ways:

1. I will continually work at being non-judgemental toward others. It makes no difference what you have or don't have, what color you are, what gender, what nationality or what kind of sex you enjoy; what matters to me is your ideas and the amount of love you have for mankind.

2. I will work to eliminate any and all of "my" negative talk about others. If someone gives me negative information about others, I will not respond. My no comment will be my response.

3. I will work for peace in society at large by finding creative ways to warn others of the evils of Big Government and other man made systems that destroy freedom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Bohemian Rick,

I have reached this exact same conclusion. Amazing. I, too, am a Bohemian gyspy artist. Not a painter, but other venues. I admire your work. I admire your attitude. I think who we are as bohemian artists-well, we got blessed to be "out of the box."
;-) Thank you for speaking your heart. My new goal is to accept that I'm not good at analyzing things,(thinking w/ the mind) that gets me in trouble....but everytime I follow my heart...I seem to get it right, and you're right in that allows us to come from a place of non judgement. We're learning the same lesson. I accept that I'm intuitively better at my "feelings." But that's just me. So, yeh, it's all about being our authentic selves. You make me smile! peace~

from one gypsy to another,

MK